Thursday, July 19, 2007

What do you want to become when you grow old?

Do you still remember when you were in primary your teacher asked you to list out 3 types of what-you-want-to-be work when you grow up? I bet everyone chose some of the following (and it’s very common too):

1. Policeman
2. Lawyer
3. Engineer
4. Teacher
5. Doctor
6. Fire Brigade

Never did we realize that we had to undergo such a painless ass of 5 years of secondary, another 3 years of university course and then another 3 months of unemployment. That also depends on what degree you had chosen to do. Have you ever think of this while you are still at primary filling out those choices? I still remembered I put policeman, engineer and teacher but hell! Now I am a programmer. If I knew that I would become one bloody programmer I would have put it at the first in the list and scrapped the last two. If my teacher asked me to fill out that choice again, I will do the following:

1. Get a pimp mobile and start pimping.
2. Marry a rich wife, retired and play golf.
3. I am a rich man’s son. This list is wasting my time.

Or

1. Eat
2. Sleep
3. Shit

Is sky the limit… I want to be a char kuey teow hawker!

No comments: